What Causes Diaper Rash?
Babies are so susceptible to diaper rash that wet and soiled diapers can irritate baby's delicate skin. Naturally, if your baby is in a wet diaper for too long, she will be more prone to getting a rash.
Some of the most common causes of diaper rash to be aware of are:
- Irritation due to bowel movements and diarrhea
- Irritation due to moisture from urine
(even the most absorbent diapers leave some wetness behind)
- Not drying the skin thoroughly after a diaper change
- Diaper chafing/friction
- Allergic reaction to ingredients found in diaper wipes, laundry detergent, soap, lotion
- Change in food or introducing new foods